Employment & Sports Disciplinary
We have extensive experience dealing with on and off field disciplinary issues at the highest level.
We act for players, coaches, club officials and agents, defending disciplinary proceedings both at first instance and on appeal. Our skills help ensure that our clients can field their strongest possible teams in the biggest games.
We also have experience of advising in relation to Paralympic classification, Paralympic and Olympic selection and anti-doping matters
Examples of our recent work include advising:
- numerous international rugby unions, representing players who were cited during the 2015 Rugby World Cup
- a premiership rugby club on a controversial on field disciplinary incident
- a football club on sanctions imposed on it by the FA for fielding an ineligible player
- a leading football agent in disciplinary proceedings brought by the FA and FIFA
- a double Paralympic champion on a classification dispute with the IPC
- a rugby league player on proceedings brought by UK Anti-Doping
We store medical and biometric data of our athletes, what will GDPR and the UK Data Protection Bill mean for this?26 April 2018
The GDPR, which comes into force on 25 May 2018, imposes more onerous requirements when processing (including storing) ‘special categories’ of personal data, which includes ‘data concerning health’ and ‘biometric data’. The processing of ‘special’ personal data is prohibited unless the data controller can show that an exception applies.