We act for Landlords, public and private, large and small.
- registered providers of social housing
- housing co-operatives
- private rented sector landlords and
- individual landlords and their agents
We deal with all housing management issues:
- non-contentious advice and drafting of policies, procedures, tenancy agreements and suits of standard documentation for the good management of housing stock
- contentious matters, enforcing terms and conditions of tenancy agreements, seeking and obtaining possession and injunctions
- money claims, enforcement, declaratory relief, emergency applications, and bespoke claims under statute
We have particular expertise and experience in:
- assured shorthold tenancies; section 21 notices, HMOs, licensing schemes and Right to Rent
- ASB and all remedies available including possession and injunctions pursuant to the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014
- deposits, protection and claims under the Housing Act 2004
- disrepair and statutory nuisance
- fraud – Prevention of Social Housing Fraud, non-occupation, sub-let, disputed successions and assignments
- gas and electricity servicing and injunctions for access
- leasehold and shared ownership disputes, service charge recovery and forfeiture
- money and rent arrears claims
- possession action for breach of tenancy across England and Wales
- squatters/trespass, travelers and large scale protester action
- tenancy agreements, drafting and advising on terms and conditions and enforcing the same
We also advise clients on how to avoid disputes and minimise property-related risk. Our advice is straight forward and plain English and ensures our landlord clients succeed in their objectives.
The importance of gas safety19 September 2018
On 6 April 2018, the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 were amended with the new regulations allowing ‘flexibility’ for landlords when carrying out annual gas safety inspections. It’s important to note that these amendments do not change or relax a landlord’s obligations to carry out an annual gas safety inspection. They simply allow for the annual inspection to be carried out within a two month period prior to the expiry of the existing certificate, whilst retaining the existing expiry date.
Come and meet our team at MIPIM 2018!13 March 2018
Clare Reddy and Anthony Van Hoffen will be in Cannes from Tuesday 13 March until Thursday 15 March and look forward to seeing those of you attending there! If you or one of your colleagues would like to arrange a meeting, please do get in touch.
Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 - The Basics27 June 2017
Part II of the 1954 Act is perhaps the most important legislation governing commercial premises. The provisions of Part II of the Act were substantially amended with effect from 1st June 2004 and did away with many of the tactical manoeuvres that were available under the old regime.
Right to Rent immigration checks: increasing pressure on the property rental market30 May 2017
Joanna Hunt has written an article for 24housing which discusses the Government's 'right to rent' checks and their increasing pressure on the rental market.
Further update on warrants following suspended orders22 December 2016
Come and meet our team at MIPIM 2016!15 March 2016
Clare Reddy will be in Cannes from Tuesday 15 March until Friday 18 March and looks forward to seeing those of you attending there! if you or one of your colleagues would like to arrange a meeting with one of her, please get in touch.
No PRS answer06 November 2014
Aman Sahota has written an article for Inside Housing.
Degrees of separation13 December 2013
Leo Steven's recent article in Inside Housing discusses the segregation between affordable housing and homes to be sold or rented at market rates.