We have a comprehensive offering to our private equity clients from a corporate finance perspective.
We act for the funds, the fund managers, the portfolio companies and management. Many of our clients are based overseas, including sovereign wealth and large family offices, and have significant experience in co-ordinating transactions which span multiple jurisdictions.
This covers the full range of transactions, including public-to-privates, management buy-ins, investments, and sales both to strategic buyers, to other funds and by way of IPO.
Not only does this include the purchase or sale transaction, but it also involves acting for portfolio companies on an ongoing basis. Additionally, we have extensive experience on structuring matters whether occurring before, during or following acquisitions.
A pre-requisite of this kind of practice is the ability of the firm to offer a comprehensive range of complementary practice expertise, in particular, tax, real estate, employment and regulatory.
We deliver sensible, practical advice in the timeframes dictated by these fast-moving representations, and assemble the experience and expertise required for each transaction from our sector groups and specialist teams.
Our practitioners have a great deal of deal experience over many years. More recent engagements include:
- acting for the Sellers, including Livingbridge funds, on the sale of the Kingsbridge insurance group to Dunedin and Management, price not disclosed, June 2016
- advised Inflexion Private Equity on its investment in Mobica, 2015
- acting for Laborie, backed by Audax funds, on the acquisition of the Medical Measurement Systems group, price not disclosed, 2015
- advised a PE-backed US glass fittings business on an acquisition in 2015, details not disclosed
- advised management on the sale of Amber Taverns by LGV Capital to MxP Partners and Management, approx. £80m purchase price, 2014