There is never a good time to face an Employment Tribunal claim.
But when it happens, it’s important to entrust your matter to a legal team who:
- Has seen it all before. There aren’t many Tribunal litigation issues, no matter how obscure, that we haven’t come across before and can’t bring our experience to bear on
- Understands the difference between a routine matter and a “bet the farm” claim, and allocates resources to match
- Realises that, while litigation might be our day job, it isn’t yours and guides you through the process – from pleadings to disclosure through witness statements and on to the full hearing – as smoothly and effortlessly as possible
- Always has its eye on the commercial objective, knowing when the time is right to go in “all guns blazing”, and when an expertly negotiated exit is the best way forward
We can handle the whole range of Employment Tribunals claims and have particular expertise in:
- Complex and sensitive discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- Equal pay
- Unfair dismissal, including the various types of automatic claim
- Protective award claims under TUPE and TULR(C)A, and TUPE employee liability information disputes
- Unlawful deductions from wages
- Breach of contract
- Dismissal and detriment for trade union membership and activities
- Agency worker disputes
Mock Employment Tribunal - Swindon14 June 2018
In our latest event held in conjunction with Hays, Lewis Silkin invite you to experience all the drama and tension of a tribunal hearing without the responsibility and risk that goes with fighting a real-life case.
The risk for employers in bypassing collective bargaining16 March 2017
Where an employer has recognised a trade union for collective bargaining purposes, can it still put an offer directly to its employees? This was the thorny issue for consideration in a recent Employment Tribunal decision.