Occupational Health & Safety
Our Occupational Health and Safety group advise clients on a range of issues in a range of sectors.
In fact, one team member used to work in the nuclear industry, performing health and safety duties in a nuclear setting, whilst another draws from his previous experience as a criminal barrister.
We are active members of the Occupational Health and Safety group within Ius Laboris, the leading global alliance of human resource law firms. As a result, we can help clients develop their national and international health and safety management approach, risk management and policies and procedures.
Whilst we do advise on the ‘black letter of the law’, our advice is practical and commercial. We ensure that health and safety obligations work with our client’s business, rather than against it, and that those health and safety obligations aren’t a burden on their business any more than they have to be.
The type of things we can help clients with include:
- compliance audits, reviewing and drafting of health and safety documentation
- assisting clients to perform risk assessments and advising on accident prevention methods
- accident investigation and crisis management
- assisting clients with HSE enquiries including how to deal with improvement and prohibition notices
- advising clients when prosecuting authorities, such as the police or HSE, are investigating an accident
- advising on new developments/issues in the health and safety arena and training clients on their health and safety obligations
- defending prosecutions for alleged health and safety breaches, including representing employers when being interviewed under caution
- representing clients at inquests