Lewis Silkin throws its support behind City Giving Day
27 September 2016
Top 100 UK law firm Lewis Silkin LLP is supporting the 2016 City Giving Day, The Lord Mayor’s event which champions and highlights the charitable efforts undertaken by companies and organisations to support society and the community.
LONDON – Top 100 UK law firm Lewis Silkin LLP is supporting the 2016 City Giving Day, The Lord Mayor’s event which champions and highlights the charitable efforts undertaken by companies and organisations to support society and the community.
As part of this effort, Lewis Silkin is spotlighting its involvement in its Grand Canal Challenge 2016, in which a team of 41 volunteers undertook a 26-mile walk along the Grand Union Canal from Harefield Hospital in Hillingdon to Royal Brompton Hospital in Chelsea. The initiative, including subsidiary fund raising ventures, from food sales to a loud shirt day, has thus far raised over £12,500 for the hospitals’ charity Royal Brompton & Harefields Hospitals Charity.
In the past few months alone, the firm has undertaken or supported a raft of other charitable and volunteer initiatives, including:
- A SHP (Single Homeless Persons) gardening challenge day
- Clothes collections for the charities: Dress for Success; Suited and Booted; and British Heart Foundation
- “Jeans for Genes” day
- 10k London Legal Walk in aid of the London Legal Support Trust
- Support for The Golden Co, providing bees on the firm’s London office roof and valuable work experience for young people
- Oxfam “Lawyers Against Poverty” cake sale
- Educational activities, including attendance at Oasis Academy South Bank lunches; giving week long work experience to nine sixth-form students; and reading schemes with local primary schools in London and Cardiff
- On-going pro bono legal activities including for the likes of City Law School / Mary Ward Legal Advice Centre Employment Clinic in London and the CAB clinic in Oxford
In addition, the firm will be participating in the Oxford Legal Walk on 17 October 2016 in aid of Access to Justice Foundation, as well as “Wear it pink” day in aid of breast cancer awareness on 21 October 2016.
For this year’s City Giving Day, more than 200 companies from across the City of London have taken part in activities and events designed to promote and celebrate individual charity and community work, recruit more volunteers into CSR programmes, raise money, and underline the importance of contributing back to communities.
Ian Jeffery, chief executive officer and partner at Lewis Silkin LLP, comments:
“Doing our part to give back is part of our DNA as a firm, and we are delighted to have been able to be involved in the City Giving Day. The efforts of everyone at Lewis Silkin – alongside the hundreds of other participating organisations - have an impact far beyond the Square Mile, a very gratifying result.”
For further information, please contact:
Scott Addison email@example.com