I am an experienced employment lawyer and member of the Lewissilkinhouse team. I joined the team in April 2018 and am currently on an assignment at a multinational investment bank and financial services company.
I advise on all aspects of HR law, including contentious and non-contentious matters and multi-jurisdictional issues. My in-house experience includes a 14 month period as the sole employment counsel for a multinational packaging provider and FTSE 100 constituent and a 6 month secondment at a global brand in the automotive industry. I have worked closely with senior stakeholders within businesses, and with external lawyers in Europe, Asia and America.
Some examples of my in-house experience include:
- Working with external counsel in relation to a restructure across multiple countries.
- Working with external counsel in relation to the implementation of global policies for a multinational business.
- Consideration of European Works Council and local Works Council information and consultation obligations.
- Advising in relation to global mobility and cross-border issues.
- Employment law issues within M&A and outsourcing projects, including advising in relation to TUPE (and TUPE-equivalent legislation overseas), carrying out due diligence and drafting and negotiating wording in commercial agreements.
- Strategic advice in relation to sensitive employment disputes and severance arrangements with senior executives.
I have significant experience of handling employment tribunal claims, including preparing pleadings, advising on merits, defending multiple equal pay claims and conducting Pre Hearing Reviews.
I carry out a broad range of advisory work, including advising in relation to employment status, reviewing policies, managing sickness absence processes and advising in relation to disciplinary processes and complex grievances (including discrimination and whistleblowing allegations). I also deliver HR law training.