I have practised in the City for over fifteen years, and have a wealth of experience advising senior executives, partners and businesses on all aspects of employment and partnership law.
I am particularly noted for my work advising senior individuals in the financial services sector. I regularly litigate some of the most complex and high value employment cases in the City.
I have long experience in obtaining substantial settlements on behalf of employers and senior individuals, both before and after litigation. I am recommended by both legal directories for my work in this area. The latest edition of Legal 500 describes me as “a very effective litigator and negotiator”. Chambers 2016 states that “Nicholas Hadaway has a strong reputation for advising and representing senior claimants in difficult negotiations and litigation”.
I advise regularly on sensitive discrimination cases, whistleblowing, and FCA regulatory matters. I cover both Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation. I frequently work on complex, high value bonus and breach of contract claims. I also advise on team moves and issues around enforcement of restrictive covenants. Further information on the type of work that I do can be found on the Supporting Individuals page.
I advise senior individuals drawn from right across the financial sector, including private equity, hedge funds, and other asset management businesses. That typically covers members of LLPs as well as employees. I advise on their rights and liabilities, both on their entry to and exit from the business concerned. This can cover, by way of example, managing fiduciary and other duties, or ensuring the preservation of co-investment and carry entitlements on departure.
A major part of my work for employers is international in focus. Many of my corporate clients are headquartered abroad with UK operations. I advise many US and French businesses, in particular.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2017 - Nicholas Hadaway, is ‘a standout solicitor for senior executives’ and ‘achieves fantastic outcomes’.
- Chambers 2017 - Ranked - London (Firms), Employment: Senior Executives
- Nicholas Hadaway acts for senior executives on a wide range of employment law issues, with particular focus on the post-employment restrictions of senior employees. He often represents senior executives and individuals from the financial services sector.
- Chambers 2018 - Sources say he is "brilliant" and "happy to fight the most aggressive of bosses for his clients."
- Legal 500 2016 - [The employment team includes] the ‘highly practical’ Nicholas Hadaway