I am a leading UK employment lawyer and have been so for over 15 years - according to the UK legal directories.
I am particularly well known for senior level issues, restructurings and TUPE issues.
I have been at two previous firms but in 2004 I joined Lewis Silkin’s employment practice - which now has 24 partners, over 100 employment lawyers and is the leading specialist employment firm in the UK (winning HR Law Firm of the Year 2015). It's a great firm, the leading practice in employment lawyers and a lovely environment in which to work – it is consistently in the Times Best 100 Companies To Work For list.
My practice is diverse, including a number of household name clients in a variety of sectors. It is particularly strong in the media and broadcast sector, IT, telecommunications and technology. I have a particular focus on international work.
I am a regular speaker and commentator on employment issues for national media, newspapers and trade and legal journals.
My employment practice is broad but I have particular expertise in sensitive senior terminations, restructuring, TUPE transfers and employment litigation.
Internationally, I have pioneered a number of global employment projects for many multinationals, and have run many cross border projects for a wide variety of clients, including the establishment and operation of an international media company’s global employment helpdesk which, for a fixed annual fee, provides them with unlimited employment advice in all of its 32 jurisdictions around the world.
Media & Entertainment
In the media world, I have one of the highest profiles of any employment lawyer. I act for many well known broadcasters and TV production companies. I am a regular speaker at media events and regularly appear on panels discussing employment issues and in particular diversity issues in the media.
I have a very strong IT and Technology practice, acting for a variety of leading technology, computer and telecoms companies in particular. I enjoy the pragmatic and commercial environment in which these companies operate, and have become a trusted advisor to many.
Awards and Recognition
- Russell is recognised for the 10th consecutive year in The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom 2018 for Employment Law
- Acritas Star 2018 - 'He's exceptional. He's the real world advice chap from the employment side. Always available and offers an immediate, and I would say quick and very sensible, response.'
- Chambers 2018 - possesses the "ability to make complex things simple."
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom (2018 Edition)
- Chambers 2017 - Ranked - Thames Valley, Employment
- Sources say Russell Brimelow is a "very commercial lawyer who gets straight to the point, is not afraid of giving a view and is very responsive." He is well versed in handling the full range of employment law matters.