I am an Associate in the Employment, Immigration and Reward department. I work in three main areas: general employment law; data protection/privacy law; and international work. I am part of the Lewis Silkin Data & Privacy Group.
I hold a Master of Laws in Labour Law awarded by King’s College London in 2013. I qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2016 after completing the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and Legal Practice Course.
I have worked for a variety of international companies and government organisations which have operations or wish to set up business in the UK and Europe, including many South Korean organisations. I am a member of the Ministry of Justice (of South Korea)’s legal panel for Korean SMEs to advise those who are expanding to overseas markets, in particular the UK. I am a fluent Korean speaker.
I advise employers across all sectors on the whole range of general employment issues as well as litigation matters: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. My work includes drafting and reviewing contracts and policies, advising on performance issues and terminations, helping clients with restructurings and redundancies, drafting and advising on restrictive covenants, as well as assisting clients with family-friendly issues.
Data & Privacy
My work for the Data & Privacy Group involves:
- conducting GDPR audits
- advising multi-national companies on extra-EEA transfers, privacy shield, and the GDPR
- advising on, and coordinating responses to, data subject access requests from employees
- advising companies on employee monitoring and location tracking
I specialise in international work, both advising foreign companies on English legal issues and project managing large cross-jurisdictional matters
Immigration & Global Mobility
I advise employers across all sectors on the following categories:
- Sponsor licence applications and sponsors’ duties
- Sole representative of an overseas business applications
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer applications
- Tier 2 General applications.