Lewis Silkin’s 3rd annual Brand Academy will be held on Thursday 11 October 2012 at the Royal Society’s Wellcome Trust Lecture Hall just off Pall Mall.
Our Media, Brands & Technology flagship event will cover the important legal and commercial issues that affect brand owners and their marketing activities.
This year we aim to build on the success of the previous Brand Academies by inviting respected industry leaders as panellists to a ‘Question Time’ styled panel debate. This will be a great opportunity to hear about recent developments from those helping shape the brand and intellectual property field.
Our confirmed panellists to date are:
- His Honour Judge Birss QC, from the Patents County Court, who recently attracted widespread media interest following his comments that Samsung's tablet was 'not as cool as Apple’s iPad' when he ruled for Samsung in the UK high court as part of the ongoing global intellectual property battle;
- Bruce Tonkin, Chief Strategy Officer, Melbourne IT. Bruce is also Board Vice Chair at The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), who recently announced the creation of several hundred new generic top-level domain names (gTLDs), viewed by many as the biggest change for the online world in years;
- Eric Mackay, Director Business Development & Business Affairs, at VEVO, responsible for negotiating agreements ranging from strategic partnerships, content acquisition, distribution/ syndication and service agreements and leading engagement with regulatory bodies in the UK and Europe;
- Amarjit Purewal, IP Counsel at Marks & Spencer plc, responsible for IP litigation as well as all brand management and protection at this major British retailer;
- Guy Parker, Chief Executive, Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). Guy was previously Deputy Director General and Director of Complaints and Investigations at the ASA overseeing the handling of more than 25,000 complaints about broadcast and non-broadcast advertising received by the ASA each year.
- Giles Crown, Head of Media, Brands and Technology at Lewis Silkin, ranked as one of the world's leading trade mark professionals by World Trademark Review and as a leading individual for brand management by the latest Legal 500, Giles specialises in legal and regulatory issues involving brands - particularly intellectual property, advertising and corporate reputation management - with clients ranging from household-name multinationals to start-ups.
Brand Academy 2012 will begin with registration and refreshments at 6:00pm on Thursday 11 October with the debate starting promptly at 6:30pm until 8:00pm, with panellists giving their views on topical issues and taking questions from the floor.
This will be followed by an evening of networking, drinks and canapés from 8:00pm. The evening will draw to a close at 10:30pm.
This event is for senior representatives from brand owners, regulators, advertising agencies and others with an interest in brand management. If you are a Chief Marketing Officer; General Counsel or in-house legal; Head of Intellectual Property; Head of Trade Marks; then Brand Academy will be a must-attend event.
If you would like to attend Brand Academy 2012, you can register your interest here. If you have a colleague that would like to attend, or you have any questions please contact Kay Marbiah.
We look forward to seeing you on 11 October 2012.
11 October 2012
6:30pm Brand Academy
8:00pm Drinks and Canapés
The Wellcome Trust Hall
The Royal Society
In association with:
Last year's Brand Academy
You can view a video and the delegate documentation from last year's Brand Academy here.
For more information about Brand Academy 2012 you can email us.