Advertising & Marketing - Group Actions for misleading advertising campaigns: if not now, when?
- 18 September 2018
- 9.00am – 10.15am (registration and breakfast from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
For some time it has been possible for consumers to seek redress directly in the face of misleading marketing campaigns.
Normally the financial risk arising is insignificant. However, such actions are commonplace in the US and are brought as class actions. The effect on a business can be seismic.
Our session will examine the state of the law here, and the scope for Group Actions. For now the genie is in the bottle, but for how long?
- The state of affairs in the US
- Consumer rights here for direct redress
- How is a Group established? Are they becoming more common?
- Is the threat a real one?
- Ongoing Group Actions today
- How brands and agencies should manage risk
If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, then please contact our events team.
Other seminars in the Advertising & Marketing series include:
We are pleased to announce the following speakers:
- Jonathan Goulding, Barrister at Gough Square Chambers
- Thomas Samuels, Barrister at Gough Square Chambers
- Kate Urell, Barrister at Gough Square Gardens Chambers
- Melissa Steinman, Partner at Venable LLP