01 March 2017
Adjudication is a mandatory procedure for determining disputes, and was introduced in the construction industry by the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996 (the “Construction Act”).
In our Adjudication InBrief (available in a PDF download) we provide a guide for the referring party. In it we cover:
- What is Adjudication?
- What do I (as the referring party) have to do?
- What is the Adjudication procedure?
- How long does Adjudication take?
- What is the effect of Adjudication?
- What about the costs of Adjudication?
Adjudication is a very fast process as the Adjudicator should reach his decision within 28 days of the Referral to him. Adjudication is also a process used in the vast majority of construction disputes.