I am a Partner in our Disputes Resolution team and have previously been a barrister and in-house media lawyer.
I advise clients across a broad spectrum of legal services especially where the civil and criminal law overlap. I have particular expertise in relation to intellectual property, media, crime, and health & safety issues.
My work may involve regulatory or quasi-regulatory bodies such as the Competition and Markets Authority, the Health and Safety Executive, the Advertising Standards Authority, National Trading Standards, and Collecting Societies.
Typical work ranges across copyright, design right, and trade mark; privacy, libel, harassment, data protection, and breach of confidence; consumer litigation; contract disputes; fraud; h & s prosecutions.
Brands & Intellectual Property
I represent creators, makers and innovators across industries, enforcing or protecting rights such as copyright; trade mark; design right; confidential information or trade secrets; and anti-counterfeit measures.
I advise individuals, publishers, and businesses on Defamation; Reputation Management; Privacy; Harassment; Data Protection; breach of Confidence; and pre-publication clearance.
Crime & Investigations
I advise individuals and businesses on issues arising from workplace misconduct such as theft; fraud; indecent images; bribery; blackmail; money laundering; proceeds of crime.
I work closely with my Employment colleagues in our specialist Investigations & regulatory practice; providing advice on reputational and criminal issues arising from such instructions.
Health & Safety
I defend businesses in relation to HSE and Local Authority investigations. This can include:
- advice on dealing with Improvement and Prohibition Notices;
- the application of H&S legislation on workforce practice;
- representation through each stage of an HSE investigation and any subsequent court prosecution.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2022 (Reputation Management) - ‘Adam Glass is very knowledgeable and skilled in the field of media law’
- Legal 500 2018 - Adam Glass has ‘a wealth of experience'.
- Legal 500 2023 Tier 3 (Intellectual property: Trade Marks Copyright and Design) ‘wonderful IP lawyer’. ‘Adam Glass is a wonderful IP lawyer. Gently jovial to his clients and honest to a tee. He provides decisive evaluations of complex matters, and I would thoroughly recommend his advice.’
- Legal 500 2023 Tier 3 (Reputation Management)