I am the co-head of our Data & Privacy practice group with Nick Walker.
I am also a member of our employment and partnership practice groups. I have over 20 years’ experience advising on a wide range of matters across a variety of sectors but with an emphasis on professional and financial services.
As a specialist in workplace privacy I head up our workplace privacy team and advise on the full range of workplace data issues. I am called on to speak about employment privacy issues at conferences and events, both nationally and internationally.
I also have considerable experience of high court litigation and arbitrations including restrictive covenants, team moves, garden leave and confidential information and partnership disputes. In the Employment Tribunals I have defended my clients against sensitive and high value allegations of discrimination.
I am a regular contributor to publications such as PLC and am a member of the ELA legislative and policy committee and am often called upon to speak at conferences on employment law topics.
I advise on the full range of employment issues with particular focus on diversity and discrimination. I am also a specialist in workplace privacy including multi- jurisdictional advice on employee data transfers, the establishment of whistleblowing hotlines, the installation of monitoring software, privacy policies, background checks, handling DSARs, and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
Partnerships & LLPs
I regularly advise partnerships & LLP’s and individual partners and members, in relation to voluntary and compulsory retirement, termination agreements, team moves and restrictive covenants and the rights and obligations of partners and members. I have represented such clients in high value litigation and arbitration.
I advise other law firms and other professional firms on a full range of employment law issues, workplace privacy matters and handling partner and LLP member disputes.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2018 - Ellen Temperton has 'a superb combination of detailed knowledge and a practical mindset'.
- Legal 500 2018 - Ellen Temperton is another key practitioner and is noted for her 'superb partnership expertise'.
- Chambers 2018 - Sources are quick to praise her calm demeanour.
- Ellen is recognised for the 10th consecutive year in The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom 2018 for Employment Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom (2018 Edition)
- Chambers 2017 - Ranked - London (Firms), Employment: Employer
- Ellen Temperton advises on discrimination issues and complications surrounding restrictive covenants and garden leave. She also works on matters relating to workplace privacy and data protection.