Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance - Global Advertising in an Age of Crisis and Change
- 13 October 2022
- The Ham Yard Hotel, 1 Ham Yard, WC1D 7DT
- Entry: £295 + VAT
Submit your details to request event materials
The Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA) Advertising Law Conference 2022 takes place in London again after a long postponement due to Covid. This year we will explore the theme “Global Advertising in an Age of Crisis and Change”.
The afternoon will be your chance to hear from expert speakers from around the world, including key figures from advertising regulation. We’ll discuss how advertising is responding to some the major issues facing the world, such as the environmental and obesity crises, improving diversity and inclusion, and building trust in the digital economy. Afterwards, please join us and the world’s leading advertising lawyers for an evening of drinks, food and networking.
Our conference will focus on the challenges faced by brands and agencies around the world at a time of unprecedented change and multiple crises.
We are delighted to be joined by Guy Parker, Chief Executive of the Advertising Standards Authority in the United Kingdom and Vice-President of the International Council for Ad Self-Regulation (ICAS). I will be interviewing Guy, who will set the scene with a whistle-stop tour of the big issues for advertising regulators.
The afternoon will then include the following sessions:
1. Climate Change is a Global Crisis
How are brands, agencies and regulators responding to the challenge of promoting new green technologies without indulging in greenwashing?
2. Levelling the playing field
Strategies for combating misleading competitor advertising around the world.
3. The Crisis of Trust
Can consumers trust influencers and brands on social media? What are regulators doing to restore or even create trust in social media marketing?
4. Making the future better than the past
How are changing attitudes to diversity being reflected in global advertising?
You will then be asked to choose one of the below break-out sessions:
- The digital economy challenge: What are the recent developments in the world of advertising in the metaverse, crypto and NFTs?
- The obesity challenge: How do HFSS advertisers respond? And how are advertisers promoting functional foods and novel foods, such as those containing CBD?
- The alcohol challenge: Are regulators infantilising consumers of beer, wine and spirits? Or can they still make informed choices about their alcohol consumption?
Networking drinks & canapés
After the insight sharing part of the afternoon, we will welcome you to a networking evening of food and drink, with a chance to mingle with other delegates and the GALA lawyers from around the world.