[FULLY BOOKED] Advertising & Marketing – Annual Review: 2017
- 17 January 2018
- 9:00am - 10.15am (breakfast and registration from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Lewis Silkin invites you to the first in our 2018 seminar series for the advertising and marketing sector.
Join us for a look back at 2017’s key advertising and marketing regulatory and legal developments and decisions including:
- Influencers & Transparency: Latest developments regarding brand ambassador and online influencer transparency, including the application of the regulations to new social media platforms such as Instagram and Snap; also new rules protecting younger children re: recognition of online advertising.
- Price Advertising: Impact of the new Pricing Practices Guide and various related ASA rulings, including the reversal of the ASA’s previous ruling concerning Amazon’s communication of delivery charges.
- Gender Stereotyping: The ASA’s study into gender stereotyping, as well as relevant ASA decisions and the new French laws concerning retouching photographs.
- ASA Procedural Review: The outcomes of the Janet Paraskeva audit and insights on Independent Review procedure, including the ASA’s reversal of its adjudication against Oak FurnitureLand
- Other Interesting ASA Decisions: A review of unusual cases on issues such as references to race in advertising, such as Paddy Power advert with Floyd Mayweather, and the ability of advertising to induce bullying.
Further details on our 2018 advertising and marketing sector seminar series will follow in the New Year.
This event has now become fully booked, If you would like to be informed when places may become available please get in touch with our events team