Data Privacy: GDPR - what next? - AM Session - FULLY BOOKED
- 23 May 2018
- 9.00am - 10.00am (breakfast and registration from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Coming into force on 25 May 2018 the GDPR is almost upon us. Many organisations up and down the country will have been busily preparing to get their houses in order. But in the words of Elizabeth Denham (the Information Commissioner), “25 May is not the end. It is the beginning”. And it’s not just compliance that people need to think about, but enforcement too.
Join Lewis Silkin on 23 May 2018 when members of the data team will be looking beyond 25 May 2018 with a particular focus on enforcement and:
- The ICO, its powers and approach to enforcement
- Dealing with Data Subject Access Requests and other data subject rights
- Vicarious liability for data breaches – lessons from Morrisons
- Handling of claims arising out of non-compliance
Please note: This event is now fully booked, however, due to popularity we are running the event again in the evening of 23rd May. Please click here for further details.
I am a Partner specialising in intellectual property, advertising & marketing, privacy & data protection, consumer & regulatory and ...
- +44 (0)20 7074 8090
I specialise in information law and media litigation, acting for claimants and defendants, businesses and individuals alike, to protect ...
- +44 (0)20 7074 8122