Hong Kong: GDPR 1 year on – what have we learnt?
- 15 May 2019
- 8.45am - 11.00am with registration from 8.15am (including breakfast)
- The Pool House, 11/F, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
It is now almost 1 year since the GDPR came into force across the EU; and its impact has, to say the least, been significant.
In this session we will talk about:
- key learnings from the last 12 months for APAC businesses with a focus on:
(1) jurisdictional issues;
(2) 2018/19 enforcement actions (including any fines levied);
(3) risk based approaches to compliance that some APAC companies are taking;
(4) handling international breaches; and
(5) handling international data transfers;
- the impact of Brexit on data protection; and
- what to expect over the next 12 months (e.g. will the E Privacy Regulation ever come in to force?)
We will also outline some of the key differences between the GDPR and Hong Kong’s PDPO, as well as providing an update on key PDPO developments over the last 12 months.
We expect you to have many questions about these topics and if you want to submit them in advance please contact our events team.
We will be holding an identical session in Singapore, for more details please click here.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018.
Asia Pacific Region
Lewis Silkin is highly renowned for employment and immigration law and has received global recognition with Who’s Who Legal awarding us ‘Law Firm of the Year for Labour, Employment & Pensions’.