Immigration Law Academy
- 09 November 2022
- 2 pm to 4:15 pm on 9 November 2022 and 10 am to 12:15 pm on 10 November
- Entry: £295 exc VAT
Submit your details to request event materials
As the UK continues to experience significant skills shortages, it is vital for HR professionals to understand the options within the immigration system for employers to secure international talent and to keep up-to-date with changes.
Our popular Immigration Law Academy is designed with these purposes in mind. This will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams as a set of two sessions.
Topics include the UK’s Points-Based Immigration System, an overview of the Skilled Worker Visa, the Global Business Mobility route and sponsorship, and an update on prevention of illegal working. We’ll also cover the current position on the EU Settlement Scheme, the Ukraine Schemes and other recent developments.
- Overview of immigration categories that allow working
- Points-Based Immigration System (PBIS), including the new Scale-up and High Potential Individual routes, and sponsorship
- Deep dive into the Skilled Worker and Global Business Mobility routes, including the arrangements for Intra-Company transferees
- Overview of recent and upcoming reforms to the sponsorship system
- Advice on how to carry out right to work checks including online right to work checks, digital checks for British and Irish passport holders, and checks for EEA/Swiss nationals
- EU Settlement Scheme update, including late applications, applying for settled status from pre-settled status and joining family members
- What employers need to know about the Ukraine Schemes and alternative options for Ukrainians
- Overview of allowed and prohibited activities for visitors
Cost is £295 exc VAT. A discount is applied when booking for more than one place per organisation.
For any cancellations received in writing not less than eight (8) days prior to the event, you will receive a 100% credit to be used at another related event which must occur within one year from the date of issuance of such credit. No credit will be issued for any cancellations occurring within seven (7) days (inclusive) of the event. You may substitute the delegates attending no later than 2 working days prior to the event. If you have had a place confirmed, you do not attend and you do not give us any notice we will not provide a refund or any credit against any other training and it cannot be transferred.