Modern Slavery Act: what you need to know
- 10 February 2016
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
The Modern Slavery Act affects all businesses with a turnover of more than £36m. Legal and reputational risks loom. We’d be delighted if you could join us to discuss the new legislation and how your business will comply with it.
At the workshop we will consider:
- The annual slavery and human trafficking statement, and what businesses should do to comply with their reporting obligations
- How the law will impact on groups of companies, including those based overseas
- The all-important meaning of “supply chain”, and what this might mean for your company
- The practical steps you can take to prepare to meet your new legal and CSR requirements, from revising contracts to on-the-spot checks
Registration and breakfast will be from 8.30am, with the seminar starting at 9.00am and aiming to draw to a close at 10.00am.
Please register here, or contact the events team if you have any queries