Patents and your business
- 30 January 2020
- Registration: 16:15pm. Seminar: 16.30pm - 17:30pm (followed by drinks and canapés)
- Lewis Silkin LLP, 5 Chancery Lane, Clifford's Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
Submit your details to request event materials
Whilst patents have always been a key asset for many businesses, increasingly more of our clients are realising that this form of IP provides opportunities for both commercial success and keeping competitors at bay.
The event will cover:
- why patents are increasingly relevant in today's business
- can you patent software?
- business innovation hubs; how to implement the right policies to identify your innovations
- patenting for monetisation
- the law and employee inventor compensation following the Supreme Court decision in Shanks V Unilever
This evening will also celebrate Lewis Silkin’s recent acquisition of the patent attorney firm Ablett & Stebbing. This type of aquisition is a market first for a law firm and now means we are one of the very few that search, draft, file and prosecute patents. The 3 new patent partners are also supported by our existing patent litigation expertise as well as our team of trade mark attorneys and IP commercial lawyers.
If you would like to meet with any of our patent partners to discuss your patent strategy, please get in touch with Lizzie Barnes to arrange a meeting.
We hope you are able to join us for both the seminar and to celebrate over drinks and canapés. If you have any queries, please do contact our events team.