Right to work checks from 1 July 2021
- 24 June 2021
- 9:30am - 10:30am
Submit your details to request event materials
Procedures for right to work checks will be changing due to the Brexit post-transition grace period ending on 30 June 2021.
Employers will need to understand the new requirements, in particular for checking the right to work of EEA nationals and their family members.
This session follows on from our well-attended 'Right to work checks beyond 2020' session (which you can view, along with a Q&A here), and will provide a rundown of the Home Office’s new prevention of illegal working guidance from 1 July 2021. It will also provide attendees with tips on:
- How to avoid potential discrimination risks when running recruitment campaigns
- The options for conducting right to work checks, including retrospective checks
- Managing the logistics of manual checks following the end of the COVID-19 adjusted process
- How to minimise illegal working risks
- What to do when illegal working is identified
Join us on June 24th at 9.30am to 10.30am by registering using the link above or forward on to any colleagues who may be interested. This session will take place via WebEx. A link to join the meeting can be found in the calendar appointment on completion of registration and will also be sent in advance of the session.