Sports Business Group Panel Forum: Your eSports strategy: long term future or passing fad - FULLY BOOKED
- 12 February 2019
- 5.00pm - 6.15pm (followed by drinks and canapés). Registration from 4.30pm
- Lewis Silkin, 5 Chancery Lane, Clifford's Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Barely a week goes by without an announcement of a new eSports play from a “traditional” sport. There is no doubt of eSport’s meteoric growth. But can it realistically deliver a new/younger audience for mainstream sports?
This question is the essence of the latest LS Sports Business Forum. Together with our panel we’ll consider:
- Why and how should traditional sports jump on the eSports bandwagon?
- What are the various models for traditional sports to engage in eSports?
- Can traditional sports make money from eSports?
- What are the legal, technological and social challenges of developing an e-version of a traditional sport?
We are excited to be joined by our confirmed panellists. More to follow soon!
- Nikki Emerson - Business Development Manager, Premier League - Nikki’s role spans business development across the Premier League, including sponsorship, licensing and new commercial verticals. She has been working with Premier League Clubs since November 2016 to develop the inaugural ePremier League, which started in December last year.
- Jonty Cowan - Senior Counsel, Electronic Arts - Jonty leads EA’s legal group responsible for licensing and sponsorship activities for ‘FIFA’ and related eSports activities, working with all major football players, leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies across the world.
- James Sherston-Baker - Commercial Director, Attention Seekers Production - James is responsible for commercial strategy at Attention Seekers; a specialist video gaming agency that connects brands and rights holders with global video gaming audiences. He works with brands such as XBOX, EA, McLaren, WWE, Mixer and many more to help them implement competitive gaming formats and connect with global audiences.
- Cliff Fluet - Partner, Lewis Silkin and Managing Director of Eleven (a Lewis Silkin business that provides commercial advice to innovative and disruptive businesses). Cliff, our eSports guru, will be chairing this panel discussion.
This event is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to our waiting list for this event, please contact our events team.
I joined Lewis Silkin as a Partner in April 2006 after over a decade as in-house counsel in the music and broadcast industry and founded ...
- +44 (0)20 7074 8202