The EU Trade Secrets Directive: an alternative to patenting?
- 30 November 2017
- 9am until 10.00am (registration & breakfast from 8.15am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
The EU Trade Secrets Directive comes into force on 9 June 2018 and harmonises the protection of trade secrets across the EU and for the first time provides for a statutory definition of a trade secret.
In this session Lewis Silkin Partner, Dr Chris Hayes and Ian Silcock, an IP barrister from Hardwicke Chambers, will provide an overview of:
- The current trade secret law in the UK
- Enforcement of trade secrets in the UK
- Key aspects of the new EU Trade Secrets Directive
- The tension between the protection offered by patenting which requires making the details of your invention public and protecting inventions as trade secrets
- Discussion on how the new changes can benefit your business and help you develop a strategy to protect key intellectual asset's
If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact our events team.