Using contractors? Get ready for the IR35 tax rules - FULLY BOOKED
- 27 November 2018
- 9.00am - 10.30am (Breakfast and registration from 8.30am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
The Chancellor announced in the Budget the latest measure to combat what HMRC calls “false self-employment”, aimed at those who supply their services via their own company.
In a fundamental reform businesses who engage such contractors (rather than the individuals) will going forwards bear the risk of PAYE and NICs under IR35. This change is likely to make it harder to engage contractors without a disproportionate compliance cost. The courts have also been weighing in on the distinction between employees, workers and genuine contractors, and the Government has its eye on further reforms.
In this seminar our employment law and tax specialists will help you keep on top of it all by discussing:
- What do companies need to do to get ready for the new tax rules?
- What lessons can be learned from the public sector (where these rules have applied since last year)?
- What’s the direction of travel for the courts on the question of “who is an employee”?
- How is employment law likely to change in future?
We are also holding a session on this topic specifically for advertising and marketing agencies on Thursday 29 November. To register for this event please click here.
Please note: This event is now fully booked, if you would like to be added to the waiting list for this event please contact our events team.