Trade Mark Management
31 July 2019
Lewis Silkin has acknowledged IP expertise across many fields including brand protection and management; advertising, technology, media and entertainment, sports, data and litigation. With over 50 IP lawyers, trade mark attorneys and specialist support staff we work with a wide range of both national and international clients. Our trade mark team is one of the UK’s best, managing global IP portfolios for many household names.
Unlike many law firms where trade mark searches and applications are invariably subcontracted to trade mark attorneys, this firm has remained a one stop shop for trade mark, design and domain name registration, disputes, transactional advice and portfolio management. We believe it essential that our lawyers should be familiar with every facet of law and practice relating to trade marks and they are involved at each stage of the brand lifecycle from the checking on availability of names and securing trade mark registrations, to pursuing infringers and the provision of transactional advice on the disposal of a brand.
The group acts for all brand owner businesses brands, names and designs that require protection in a wide range of sectors including marketing, retail, fashion, media, entertainment, sports, finances services, technology and leisure.We represent many clients on a worldwide basis.
Many overseas law firms entrust us with their clients’ trade mark work in the UK and across Europe.
Whilst we advise on all aspects of intellectual property, from a purely trade marks perspective the following services are commonly provided to both UK and overseas clients:
- Conduct and advise on trade mark and common law searches
- Advising on filing strategy
- File and prosecute UK, European Union and Madrid Protocol trade mark applications
- IP portfolio management
- IP licensing and assignments
- Competition issues and parallel imports
- Transactional advice, including due diligence
- Trade mark proceedings (such as oppositions, cancellation actions and appeals) before the European Union and United Kingdom Intellectual Property Offices
- IP actions before the UK Courts and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Anti-counterfeiting and trading standards/customs liaison
- IP dispute settlement negotiation and mediation services
- Domain name management
- Domain name disputes
- Social media takedowns
To read the full in-brief please click 'download files'.