WRC & Labour Court
There is never a good time to face an employment claim.
But when it happens, it’s important to entrust your matter to a legal team who:
- Has seen it all before. There aren’t many employment litigation issues, no matter how obscure, that we haven’t come across before and can’t bring our experience to bear on
- Understands the difference between a routine matter and a “bet the farm” claim, and allocates resources to match
- Realises that, while litigation might be our day job, it isn’t yours and guides you through the process as smoothly and effortlessly as possible
- Always has its eye on the commercial objective, knowing when the time is right to go in “all guns blazing”, and when an expertly negotiated exit is the best way forward
We can handle the whole range of employment law claims and have particular expertise in:
- Complex and sensitive discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- Equal pay
- Unfair dismissal, including the various types of automatic claim
- Award claims under TUPE
- Unlawful deductions from wages
- Breach of contract
- Dismissal and detriment for trade union membership and activities
- Agency worker disputes
Compensation for unfair dismissals likely to increase: Linda Hynes comments for Irish Independent17 March 2021
Linda Hynes comments for the Irish Independent on the impact that Covid-19 is likely to have on higher compensation awards for workers who have been unfairly dismissed.
Ireland: Employee unfairly dismissed for being refused remote working during pandemic27 January 2021
The Workplace Relations Commission recently found that an employee was unfairly dismissed when her employer rejected her request for remote working in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.