I support clients on a wide range of employment matters, both contentious and non-contentious. This includes assisting employers in defending Employment Tribunal claims, supporting on corporate transactions, carrying out workplace investigations and advising businesses on day-to-day HR issues. I regularly present training sessions to clients on various topics including employment law updates, performance management, sickness absence and disciplinary procedures.
I act for a range of commercial clients, varying from SMEs to large household name corporates, across a variety of sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, entertainment, manufacturing and engineering.
My key responsibilities include:
- providing strategic advice to businesses on day-to-day HR issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, poor performance, sickness absence and redundancies;
- assisting employers in defending Employment Tribunal claims, including claims of unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing;
- drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts of employment, service agreements, consultancy agreements and HR policies;
- conducting settlement negotiations and drafting and advising on settlement agreements; and
- assisting with workplace investigations into HR issues such as bullying, harassment and discrimination.
Recent examples of how I have supported clients includes:
- successfully achieving early withdrawals of a number of Employment Tribunal claims for a well-known fast food chain;
- successfully defending an Employment Appeal Tribunal claim in relation to the extent of an employer’s disclosure duties;
- assisting a multinational client in the entertainment industry in carrying out a sensitive investigation into allegations of harassment and discrimination in the workplace;
- assisting in the delivery of advice to employees involved in a mass settlement agreement process involving thousands of individuals employed by one of the UK’s largest airlines; and
- delivering bespoke training sessions to the management team of a household name client on equality, disciplinary and grievances, absence management, performance management and recruitment.