I specialise in litigation involving employee competition and advising businesses on the supply of labour and recruitment regulation.
During my training contract I spent time on secondment, in the brands and IP team, the corporate team and employment team.
Prior to joining Lewis Silkin, I worked in-house for a trade association for the recruitment industry, gaining specialist knowledge of areas such as recruitment law and agency workers.
I work in the employment litigation team and advise businesses, individuals and recruiters on issues relating to protecting confidential information and trade secrets, recruiting from competitors and managing the departure of executives (individually or in a team). I regularly advise on, draft and negotiate post-termination restrictive covenants in employment contracts, remuneration agreements and partnership agreements. I also assist clients to investigate employee competition issues including by interviewing individuals who may be planning to join a competitor, take confidential information or act breach their ongoing obligations, and by collaborating with independent forensic experts to collect, analyse and report on evidence showing potentially unlawful activity.
I have worked on a number of reported cases and my litigation experience includes:
- Seeking and defending applications for interim relief including injunctions to enforce notice periods, garden leave and/or post-termination restrictions and springboard relief
- Seeking applications for delivery up and preservation orders, including on an ex parte basis
- Acting for Claimants and Defendants in High Court litigation involving breaches of confidence, breaches of contractual and fiduciary duties and conspiracy claims
- Seeking declaratory relief on the enforceability of post-termination restrictions
- Arbitrations involving breach of confidence claims and post-termination restrictions contained in LLP agreements
Recruitment and employment status
Prior to joining Lewis Silkin, I worked in-house for a trade association for the recruitment industry, gaining specialist knowledge of areas such as recruitment law and agency workers. I now advise a range of clients throughout the staffing industry on employment and HR matters as well as compliance with statutory regulation including the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 and the Agency Workers Regulations 2010. I have particular experience in Employment Tribunal claims involving agency workers, commercial disputes between umbrella companies, recruiters and hirers, and advising on contracts throughout the labour supply chain.
I also advise businesses in relation to employment status issues arising from engaging with agency workers, contractors, consultants and freelancers.
I have particular experience in litigation involving financial services businesses with issues including disputes around bonuses, variable remuneration and carry, team moves, and protecting client connections.