I joined Lewis Silkin in Janaury 2022 as a legal assistant (pending admission) in the Employment, Immigration and Reward division.
I focus on employment and intellectual property matters.
Prior to joining, I completed two years of traineeship at a boutique law firm where I assisted clients in commercial litigation, employment law and data privacy matters.
I obtained my law degree and PCLL from the University of Hong Kong with one semester spent on a legal exchange scholarship at the University of Manchester. I am fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Employment - contentious and non-contentious
- Handled various Labour Tribunal disputes
- Assisted a multinational technology corporation in its defence against former employees regarding mass summary dismissal of employees
- Facilitated clients’ communications with Labour Tribunal and Labour Department officers
- Drafted statement of claim, defence, witness statements and other submissions to the Labour Tribunal
- Assisted partner in extensive redrafting of employment contract templates for employees of different seniority levels in a Hong Kong listed company
- Assisted partner in providing employment advice to both individuals and companies in relation to post-termination restrictions, maternity issues, bonuses, summary dismissal, claims of discrimination and data privacy matters
- Prepared and handled employment visa and dependant visa applications to the Immigration Department
- Assisted a Hong Kong listed company’s subsidiary to initiate committal proceedings against a PRC joint venture partner pursuant to a breach of injunction order
- General area of litigation: monetary claims, garnishee proceedings, contractual claims and shareholders disputes
- Drafted and prepared summons, statement of claim, defence, affirmations and other pleadings