I am a partner in Lewis Silkin’s Employment, Immigration and Reward division based in Belfast where I manage the office and a growing employment team.
I am dual qualified and advise on all aspects of employment law in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
I have significant experience of advising clients on all manner of employment issues including complex disciplinary and grievance issues, bullying and harassment matters, equality matters, including equal pay claims, large scale redundancies and reorganisations as well as sensitive executive severances and enforcing restrictive covenants.
I also advise on TUPE in the context of business transfers, insourcing and outsourcing and provide guidance and support to the HR team through the consultation process and on negotiating warranties and indemnities.
I have particular expertise of advising on NI and ROI cross border matters and employment related litigation in both jurisdictions. I work with a variety of sectors and have particular experience in the construction and infrastructure sector.
I regularly speak on a range of employment issues at internal and external events and deliver bespoke training to clients on the differences between NI and ROI employment law.
I have been ranked as a leader in my field by both Chambers and Partners UK and the Legal 500 and have been praised for my “practical and commercial approach”.
I am a member of the Employment Lawyers Group and was the first NI Representative for the Employment Lawyers Association from 2017. I am also a member of Legally Able and a legally qualified chairperson of the Appeals Tribunals NI.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2024 (Employment: Employer – Northern Ireland) - "Ciara is an excellent lawyer - her advice is always sound, pragmatic and commercially focused. She is excellent to deal with and always provides a first-class service." "Ciara is exceedingly knowledgeable, clear and concise in her communication and very supportive of us in sensitive, difficult matters."
- Hall of Fame in Legal 500 2024 (Employment - Northern Ireland)
- Legal 500 2024 (Employment - Northern Ireland) - ‘Ciara Fulton provides great client service. She is engaging, knowledgeable and provides clear advice.’
- Chambers 2023 (Employment: Employer – Northern Ireland) "We have absolute confidence in her ability, knowledge and advice." "Ciara is sensible, pragmatic, and has great knowledge of employment law."
- Leading individual in Legal 500 2022 (Employment)
- Legal 500 2022 - ‘Ciara Fulton provided an excellent level of service, explained our options clearly and helped guide us in difficult negotiations’