I am a Senior Lawyer in the Lewissilkinhouse team. I have been an employment lawyer for over 15 years and bring practical and commercial solutions to complex legal problems. I have a wealth of experience advising businesses of all sizes on the full range of employment law issues.
I spent many years working in private practice advising clients in a wide range of sectors including financial and professional services, leisure, public and third sector, food and drink, technology and media. More recently I have spent time working in-house with a global food, snack and beverage company and a multinational IT business.
I have extensive experience of guiding clients through large-scale change projects across different jurisdictions, advising on employment law issues arising from acquisitions and transfers as well as supporting HR on all types of ER matters and employment litigation.
Some recent examples of my work include:
- Advising two listed household names on the employment and change management implications of their proposed merger, which was subject to CMA clearance, involved thousands of redundancies and a large-scale collective consultation process.
- Project managing a pan-European report on employment status and tax implications for a global workforce solutions company.
- Advising on various collective issues involving proposed changes to outdated terms and conditions, union stalemate, industrial action, redundancy programmes and inwards TUPE transfers.
- Taking defensive action in response to an outgoing team move and removal of confidential information/breaches of restrictive covenants
- Advising on a post-TUPE harmonisation exercise involving hundreds of different sets of terms.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, I spent five years working for a world leading consumer insights business during which time I was also seconded part-time to a multinational consumer goods company for two years.