I am an experienced dispute resolution lawyer with a particular focus on the Sport Sector.
I joined Lewis Silkin in 2018 as a Senior Associate from Shoosmiths LLP where I specialised in commercial litigation and sports law.
I was awarded a Bachelor of Laws degree from Oxford Brookes University in 2007 and I qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2011 after completing the Legal Practice Course at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
As a dispute resolution lawyer, I have considerable experience of dealing with claims in the County Courts, High Court and Appeal Courts as well as all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
My clients include clubs, intermediaries and athletes and I provide advice in relation to a wide range of matters including:
- Disputes in the civil courts as well as arbitration tribunals such as FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber and the Court of Arbitration for Sport;
- Regulatory compliance at both a national and international level; and
- Disciplinary proceedings for sanctions such as regulation breaches and misconduct
My recent experience in the sport sector includes:
- Advising a leading premier league football player in connection with the termination of an endorsement contract;
- Acting for a well-known football intermediary organisation in a FA Rule K arbitration;
- Acting for a client in the motorsport sector in relation to injunction and damages proceedings in the High Court worth in excess £20 million;
- Advising a well-known sports club in relation to a high profile dispute against the sport’s governing body; and
- Representing a golfer in disciplinary proceedings following allegations of misconduct.
I write regular articles on sports law and provide updates on Twitter (@fc_legal). I am also a member of the British Association for Sport and Law, Sport Resolutions’ Pro Bono Legal Advice List and the appeals committee of the International Powerlifting Federation.