I advise senior individuals across all sectors, with particular experience acting for those in financial services.
Further information on the type of work that I do can be found on the Supporting-Individuals page.
I also assist employer clients on a wide range of issues, from day-to-day advice, to providing guidance on grievance and disciplinary investigations, to managing all the delicate issues arising out of senior exits.
Supporting senior individuals
I steer employees (and other individuals, including members of LLPs, directors, and consultants) through all legal challenges facing them, from entry to exit. This can cover negotiating complex terms at the start of the relationship, advising on how to deal with a loss of responsibilities or other unfavourable treatment midway through an engagement, and agreeing terms for departure. I also have valuable experience of advising individuals in relation to more specialist matters, eg on shareholder rights and carry entitlements.
I love the challenges and opportunities of litigation. I have experience of fighting complex, high value and sensitive cases. Clients value the results I obtain for them – whether that is an early, confidential, settlement, on the best possible terms, or some other form of desirable outcome.
Examples of my recent work include acting for:
- an asset manager in relation to a case of whistleblowing;
- a senior individual in a case involving claims of equal pay, race discrimination, sex discrimination, victimisation and unfair dismissal; and
- a global technology company in relation to claims of equal pay, sex and race discrimination.
I advise on regulatory matters. My practice involves advising executives working in financial services on thorny regulatory issues, where the professional and reputational implications could be significant. Most recently, I have advised a number of senior individuals in the financial services industry in relation to highly sensitive disciplinary matters.
My work also has an international element – over and above the multi-jurisdictional nature of advice to globally mobile senior executives. I speak French and have a significant number of French clients. I act for companies with an established presence in the UK as well as those who are setting up an office in the UK for the first time. I also act for and advise French-speaking senior executives.
Awards and Recognition
- Legal 500 2022 (Senior executives) - ‘Laetitia Cooke is brilliant. She is incredibly thorough, organised and has the trust of clients’
- Legal 500 2022 (Senior executives) - ‘Laetitia Cook – an excellent collaborative approach. Totally focused on client’s desired outcomes, able to give thoughtful, clear-sighted feedback and to provide constructive solutions’