I joined the LS In-house team in 2019 and have 10 years of experience as in-house employment counsel, working for most of that time at a large multi-national bank, and also as the UK employment lawyer at both a global management consultancy firm and global payments technology company.
My focus is on working in partnership with clients to provide commercial and strategic solutions to often complex employment law issues. I seek to provide clear and practical advice.
I have significant experience in the financial services sector. I have supported both EMEA and APAC regions and have worked on various international and cross-border issues, including large-scale restructurings and contractual changes. I have had a focus on dealing with employment issues arising from investigations (including cross-border and regulatory) – advising on disciplinary processes, compensation impact and regulatory issues. My practice also has a focus on senior hires and exits and policy related matters.
Some recent examples of my work include:
- Advising on disciplinary outcomes and compensation impacts for a range of employees (including senior executives) arising from global regulatory investigations, including consideration of malus, Conduct Rules breaches and regulatory references
- Senior exits and hires, including restrictive covenant and variable compensation negotiations and regulatory issues
- Partnering with HR and Tax to shape and carry out a client’s strategy in respect of the changes to IR35 legislation
- Providing employment law advice in respect of a significant Brexit-related re-organisation, including considering the impact of cross-border moves, TUPE, relocations and contract changes
- Working as part of a global employment legal team to bring consistency to a client’s employment contracts across the jurisdictions in which it operates
- Working with international employment lawyers and a tax team to produce template settlement agreements for senior management in several different jurisdictions
- Advising clients on Covid-related return to work arrangements