I am a Dispute Resolution Associate in our Creators, Makers and Innovators division.
I advise clients on commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors, but in particular those in media, entertainment, luxury, retail, hospitality, advertising, marketing and finance.
I am a member of the firm’s Media & Entertainment; Retail, Hospitality & Leisure and Restructuring & Insolvency sector focus groups. I am also an active contributor to The Collective by Lewis Silkin, a network for decision makers of luxury, lifestyle and premium brand businesses.
I am experienced in dealing with high value, complex and cross-border litigation, from pre-action settlement negotiations to foreign enforcement. I am also experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. I have particular experience in the following types of disputes:
- Breach of contract;
- Breach of confidentiality;
- Misrepresentation and defamation;
- Copyright infringement;
- Banking & finance;
- Insurance coverage;
- International trade & commodities;
- Professional negligence;
- Shareholders; and
- Insolvency/ director’s duties.
Prior to joining Lewis Silkin, I trained and qualified at a large multinational law firm. I also have experience of working in-house having undertaken a 6-month client secondment to a global insurance company.
Other roles and achievements
- Founder and Project Manager of the Lewis Silkin Mentoring Scheme, which pairs with a number of schools in low social mobility areas to provide 1-1 support, encouragement and careers advice to young people. The scheme was set up in 2020 and has been nominated for “Community Project of the Year” at the UK Social Mobility Awards 2021.
- Regular contributor to the “Ask The Expert” column in The Times.
- Project Manager for the Lewis Silkin Innovation team’s entry to the Financial Times Global Legal Hackathon 2020.
- Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association and currently studying for the Certificate of Proficiency in Corporate Insolvency.