I am a partner in the Immigration & Global Mobility team.
I deal with all areas of UK business, sport, high-net worth immigration and global mobility co-ordination. I advise across industry sectors with a particular focus on Technology, Financial Services, Engineering, Charities and Pharma.
Prior to joining Lewis Silkin, I was a partner in the Immigration team at an international law firm for the last 8 years. In total I have over 17 years specialist Corporate/Business Immigration and Global Mobility experience.
I hold an LLB in Law awarded from Kingston University in 2002. I then went on to complete the Bar Vocational Course (BVC) at BPP in 2003. I continued as a non-practicing Barrister and cross-qualified as a Solicitor in 2009.
I am a member of the Immigration Lawyers Practitioners Association (ILPA) and the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
Immigration & Global Mobility
I have over 15 years’ experience advising corporate clients on UK in-bound immigration and global mobility programs. I specialise in all aspects of the UK’s Points Based (Immigration) System and support sponsor license holders with Home Office audits and assurance calls.
I also specialise in applications under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and have provided application support and training to corporate clients with EEA national employees.
I have developed a niche expertise in T5 International Agreement Contractual Service Supplier sponsorship. I regularly advise and support sponsor license holders on down-grades and suspension and have successfully secured re-instatement of revoked licences. I have acted for elite sportspersons and teams on Governing Body Endorsements regarding prerequisites to T5 Sports sponsorship and visa applications.
I advise on the immigration aspects following complex company restructures or M&A. I also deal with corporate clients regarding their out-bound Global Mobility by advising on policies and co-ordination of visa applications.
Examples of my experience include:
- Advising and supporting European Headquartered banks with UK branches on the acquisition of sponsor licenses and transfer of executives from the EU to the UK after the end of freedom of movement.
- Advising IT companies on transfer of employees to the UK. Supporting start-ups and established technology businesses with sponsor license applications and subsequent sponsorship of employees under the Intra-Company Transfer and Skilled Worker routes. Advising IT companies on the complicated ‘working at client site’ rules.
- Advising hotel chains on post-Brexit UK immigration requirements and supporting their employees with application under the EUSS. Advising on right to work check policies and procedures and successfully challenging illegal working civil penalty fines.
- Advising broadcasters and leading VFX houses on T5 Creative sponsorship. Successfully securing entry into the UK of an A list Hollywood actor who was detained after traveling with an incorrect visa.
- Advising UK and overseas organisations on T5 International Agreement Contractual Service Supplier sponsorship applications to secure the entry of foreign specialist engineers.
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers 2022 (Immigration) - 'Innovative technically and solution-oriented - very impressive'
- Chambers 2022 (Immigration) - 'Gives very pragmatic advice and is quick to respond'