Diversity in the workplace across Asia Pacific
- 16 January 2018
- 8:30-10am (registration from 8:15)
- Lewis Silkin, Suite 2904, 29th Floor 3 Arbutnot Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Following the landmark Hong Kong Court of Appeal decision in QT v Director of Immigration, now is a particularly relevant time to be debating diversity and equality in the workplace.
Lewis Silkin's second breakfast club session for HR professionals will get to grips with thorny topics relating to diversity in APAC, such as:
- Which countries in APAC discriminate in relation to their immigration and/or employment-related rules and how?
- Is discrimination ever acceptable (e.g. positive discrimination, objective justification, effective immigration controls)?
- Is it possible/advisable to draft APAC-wide policies on diversity, family leave and cross-border secondments or should these always be tailored to the specific country?
- How do you deal with diversity clashes, for example, sexual-orientation v religion?
The Lewis Silkin team will open the discussion on what you need to know, from an immigration and employment law perspective: when transferring employees from one APAC country to another; when considering discrimination protection and policies across APAC; and when considering family leave legislation and polices across APAC and then, under Chatham House rules, will invite you to share ideas and experiences with your fellow in-house legal and HR professional colleagues on how your business deals with diversity in the workplace.
To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment is a central focus of our business, with around 150 lawyers in our team. Our practice is ‘the most highly nominated European firm in research conducted by Who’s Who Legal. We have also received global recognition from Who's Who Legal who this year have named us "Law Firm of the Year for Labour, Employment & Pensions".
世勤律師事務所 (Lewis Silkin) 提供專業僱傭法及移民法服務，於行內名聲顯赫，並獲全球權威《Who’s Who Legal》評為「年度最佳勞工、僱傭及退休金律師事務所」(Law Firm of the Year for Labour, Employment & Pensions)。