Trade Mark Management
21 November 2017
The IP, brand, trade mark and portfolio management team at Lewis Silkin comprises more than 50 lawyers and trade mark attorneys along with specialist support personnel.
It continues to be acknowledged by clients and leading legal directories for it’s expertise in many IP-related fields including trade marks, advertising, IP disputes, sports and IP-rich comercial work. The breadth of our knowledge enables us to view our client’s brand issues in a wider context
Unlike many law firms where trade mark searches and applications are invariably subcontracted to trade mark agents, this firm has remained a one stop shop. We believe it essential that our lawyers should be familiar with every facet of law and practice relating to trade marks and they are involved at each stage of the brand lifecycle from the checking on availability of names and securing trade mark registrations, to pursuing infringers and the provision of transactional advice on the disposal of a brand.
The group acts for all brand owner businesses brands, names and designs that require protection in a wide range of sectors including marketing, retail, fashion, media, entertainment, sports, finances services, technology and leisure.We represent many clients on a worldwide basis.
Many overseas law firms entrust us with their clients’ trade mark work in the UK and across Europe.Whilst we advise on all aspects of intellectual property, from a purely trade marks perspective the following services are commonly provided to both UK and overseas clients:
- Conduct and advise on trade mark and common law searches
- Advising on filing strategy
- File and prosecute UK, European Union and Madrid Protocol trade mark applications
- IP portfolio management
- IP licensing and assignments
- Competition issues and parallel imports
- Transactional advice, including due diligence
- Trade mark proceedings (such as oppositions, revocations and appeals) before the European Union and United Kingdom Intellectual Property Offices
- IP actions before the UK Courts and the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Anti-counterfeiting and trading standards/customs liaison
- IP dispute settlement negotiation and mediation services
- Domain name management
- Domain name disputes
- Social media takedowns
To read the full in-brief please click 'download files'.