Lewis Silkin launches Worksphere to provide complementary, high-value HR services
09 September 2016
Lewis Silkin LLP has today launched Worksphere, a comprehensive suite of HR-focused business services. Worksphere supports employers through services such as investigations and bespoke consultancy, bringing together leading employment lawyers and seasoned HR consultants.
Worksphere supports employers through services such as investigations and bespoke consultancy, bringing together leading employment lawyers and seasoned HR consultants
LONDON – Top 100 UK law firm Lewis Silkin LLP has today launched Worksphere, a comprehensive suite of HR-focused business services.
Sitting seamlessly alongside the firm’s already market-leading employment law practice, Worksphere will offer five core services to employers ranging from training and audits to investigations and grievance mediation. The offerings have been designed to meet the needs of both current clients as well as employers requiring specific independent services, all delivered by lawyers and more than 20 HR consultants from one of the UK’s most renowned employment law firms.
More specifically, Worksphere offers:
- Investigation services regarding employee grievance, disciplinary, or fact-finding projects regarding allegations of management wrong-doing, often involving legal privilege or requiring an independent investigator
- A range of core, modular and e-learning training services delivered by qualified employment lawyers on all areas of employment and immigration law, specifically designed for HR professionals, line managers and in-house legal teams
- Comprehensive audit services which act as a ‘health check’ for an organisation, reviewing policies and procedures in areas such as sickness and absence, data protection, gender pay gap reporting and immigration to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Bespoke consultancy services, utilising flexible resourcing to support specific initiatives such as cultural diversity training and organisational change programmes as well as provide interim resources such as maternity cover
- Mediation services which offer a quick and cost-effective way of managing workplace conflicts, facilitated by qualified mediators – many of whom are also leading employment lawyers – and avoid the prospect of lengthy and costly litigation
Worksphere is being spearheaded by HR industry expert Emma Richardson, who joined the firm earlier this year. She brings to bear more than two decades of international experience in senior HR roles at PwC as well as organisations in the hospitality, venture capital and media industries.
Emma Richardson, director of Worksphere at Lewis Silkin LLP, comments:
“Worksphere brings together the UK’s best employment lawyers with market-leading consultants and specialists to meet a broader spectrum of needs for today’s – and tomorrow’s – employers. In some cases, these are services which the firm has been discreetly providing for some time, as a trusted advisor to employers ranging from some of the world’s largest companies to rapidly growing entrepreneurial organisations. Taken together as Worksphere, this new formalised suite of services ensures that we are able to meet their needs and provide essential solutions to help drive forward and protect their businesses.”
James Davies, divisional managing partner and joint head of employment at Lewis Silkin LLP, added:
“Lewis Silkin is already trusted by employers large and small as one of the UK’s best employment and immigration law firms, and consistently recognised as one of the most innovative legal service providers in the market. The launch of Worksphere is a natural next step, ensuring that we are able to meet the growing and sometimes non-legal needs of employers in an ever more complex and cost conscious landscape.”
Notes to editors:
About Lewis Silkin LLP
Lewis Silkin LLP (www.lewissilkin.com / @LewisSilkin) is a UK top 100 commercial law firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff and Hong Kong.
For further information, please contact:
Scott Addison, Matthew Clark or Tal Donahue, Infinite Global
Tel: 020 7269 1430