I am a senior lawyer in the Employment, Immigration and Reward division based in our London office.
I have a wide employment law practice including restructuring, outsourcing, injunctions and collective employment issues involving trade unions and European works councils. I work with clients ranging from marketing services, telecommunications, airlines, software companies and car manufactures.
Whilst my practices covers all areas of employment law, I work mainly on collective employment issues including pension changes, collective redundancies, outsourcing, trade disputes and European works councils.
Examples of my recent work includes:
- advising employers on setting up special negotiating bodies
- representing a client at the central Arbitration Committee on an EWC matter
- advising a large car manufacturer on statutory recognition arrangements
- advising a high profile entertainment centre on trade union recognition and the creation of an employee representative forum
- advising a car manufacturer on industrial relations risks following an announcement to change pensions arrangements
- advising an airline of industrial action dispute
Manufacturing & Engineering
I lead the Collective Employment team at Lewis Silkin and am a leading expert on European Work Councils, having advised a number of businesses, including manufacturers, on the Recast Directive. I have also advised on a large number of Information and Consultation Regulation matters, as well as a number of statutory, and voluntary recognition Trade Union matters. I have been involved in a number of dispute/issues related to the manufacturing and transport sectors. These have included re-negotiating employee contracts, pension scheme changes, changes to working practices, variations to collective agreements and advising on structural changes involving outsourcing arrangements.