With an increased focus by HMRC on payroll compliance, it is more important than ever that employers understand their PAYE and NIC payment and reporting obligations.
We can help with your day to day employment tax queries to ensure that you comply with the relevant legislation and minimise the risk of HMRC challenge including:
- structuring termination payments (including large scale redundancies) in a tax efficient way
- advising on employment status including personal service companies; managed service companies and, where you supply workers to an unconnected third party, the intermediaries legislation
- advising on trust-based benefits offered to employees, such as medical benefit trusts (also known as corporate healthcare trusts)
- advising on benefits in kind and expenses including salary sacrifice and flexible benefit arrangements and beneficial loans and
- assisting with HMRC PAYE and NIC audits
Tax treatment of termination payments – draft legislation published20 December 2016
Over the past couple of years, the Government has been consulting on proposals to make a number of changes to the tax and national insurance (“NI”) treatment of termination payments.
Sleight of Ha(mmo)nd: Autumn Statement 201624 November 2016
I was all ready to write about how the Autumn Statement was an audacious piece of misdirection, using a flashy reduction of corporation tax (to the much-rumoured rate of 15%, or maybe lower) to detract from less welcome announcements.