HR Services - Worksphere
WORKSPHERE is a comprehensive HR service providing a holistic solution for all your people needs.
Our team of legal and HR professionals have experience of working with small, niche organisations through to larger multinationals providing a flexible resourcing solution to help you achieve the strategic aims of your organisation.
We provide a comprehensive offering:
- Training – delivered by our specialist trainers who are all employment lawyers, we run employment and immigration law courses for HR professionals, in-house legal and managers
- Audits - HR, sickness, gender pay gap, immigration compliance, data protection
- HR consultancy – offering a depth and breadth of HR experience, whether you need someone for a few days, for a project or on an interim basis
- Investigations – a specialist team with a strong track record and experience of separating the relevant facts from the complex background
- Workplace mediation – our accredited mediators offer a pragmatic, quick and cost effective solution to resolve disputes within your organisation
- Sickness and Wellbeing audits and programmes - drawing on our experience of advising clients on sickness issues
- Global Cultural Fluency - designed to help clients operate more effectively across the boundaries of geography, culture and language
Watch our video on how Worksphere could help you.
HR Services in Asia Pacific
We currently provide the following HR services in the Asia Pacific region:
- Training for HR, in-house legal and managers
- Fact-finding investigations
- Global cultural fluency
For full details please see our brochure.
Avoiding the Hedonic Treadmill: designing a sustainable employee engagement strategy14 December 2017
The concept of the “Hedonic Treadmill” is well established amongst psychologists, but what lessons can HR draw from it in relation to improving employee engagement and productivity?
Applying game theory to HR16 November 2017
The influence of game theory, developed in the 1950s by Nobel Prize-winning mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr, has been huge. It provides a formal modelling approach for decision-makers to explore a variety of interactions among agents, and their potential outcomes.
Feedback - positivity vs negativity02 November 2017
Feedback is one of the most powerful tools for optimising workplace performance. Getting it right can help a business to constantly improve. Mistakes become learning opportunities; failures and bad behaviours are not repeated. Conversely, getting feedback wrong can destroy motivation, causing productivity to plummet.
Penny Newman comments for The Times Student Law: Adding context to recruiting02 November 2017
Penny Newman has commented for Times Times' Student Law magazine which discusses the Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) and how it can assist with recruitment.
WORKSPHERE commended by FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 201706 October 2017
Lewis Silkin’s comprehensive HR service WORKSPHERE has been commended in the FT Innovative lawyers 2017: New Products and Services category.
Lewis Silkin authors a chapter in David Liddle's 'Managing Conflict: a practical guide to resolution in the workplace’25 September 2017
Laura Farnsworth, Partner and Laurence Mills, Associate, in our Employment, Immigration and Reward team have authored Chapter 4 of the guide: 'Managing conflict from a legal perspective'.
HR Academy Advanced17 July 2017
Following on from our popular HR Academy, the HR Academy Advanced is a one day course suitable for more experienced HR professionals or those looking for a deeper insight into some of the more complicated areas of employment law.
HR Academy - FULLY BOOKED26 June 2017
Our next HR Academy is taking place on 9 & 10 October 2017