I am a Managing Associate in the Employment, Immigration & Reward division.
My practice has a particular focus on the financial and professional service sectors. I advise both companies and individuals on a wide range of employment law issues, including senior level disputes and exits, contractual rights and post termination restrictions, complex disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies and data protection matters.
I have particular expertise in contentious matters, including both Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation, with a focus on high-value whistleblowing and sex, maternity and race discrimination claims.
Examples of my work include:
- Employment Tribunal litigation – advising both employers and employees on complex, high value equal pay, whistleblowing and discrimination claims
- High Court litigation – advising both employers and employees on issues arising from breach of post-termination restrictions and misuse of confidential information
- negotiating terms and conditions of employment (including bonus arrangements) for incoming senior executives
- advising on data protection matters, in particular the use of data subject access requests in litigation
Awards and recognition
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Senior Executive) - Sarah McWhinney is building a strong senior executives practice
- Legal 500 2021 (Employment: Senior Executives) - Rising Star