Join us for a fireside chat with Guy Parker, Chief Executive of the Advertising Standards Authority
- 25 November 2020
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
As the days are getting shorter and the evenings are getting darker and colder, join me and the UK’s key advertising regulator, Guy Parker, for a virtual fireside chat as we discuss current advertising & marketing hot topics
Guy Parker is Chief Executive of the Advertising Standards Authority in the United Kingdom and Vice-President of the International Council for Ad Self-Regulation (ICAS). I will be talking to Guy, about the big issues for advertising regulators as we start to look forward to the new year and what it may bring.
We’ve scheduled this for 5pm in the UK, so we hope that our clients and contacts in the USA, as well as those in UK and Europe, will also be able join the event.
The agenda is fluid, and I would be interested to receive suggestions for topics or questions that you would like me to raise with Guy, but subject to that, our conversation may cover some or all of the following:
- How is the ASA using technology in its regulation?
- HFSS ads – our thoughts on the government’s proposed bans
- Black Lives Matter – have UK ads changed/ become more diverse?
- Online advertising regulation: Holding platforms to greater account for their ad controls
- Online advertising regulation: Video Sharing Platforms, online harms and online ad statutory/ co-regulation
- Climate change and advertising
We hope you can join us, and please let me know if you have issues that you would like me to raise with Guy.