In House Data Club in 2024: Privacy update from the United States
- 18 January 2024
- 5pm - 6pm
- Lewis Silkin, Arbor, 255 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 9AX
Submit your details to request event materials
This seminar will look at the new privacy laws that are being enacted in the United States.
New privacy laws are being enacted in the U.S. at a brisk pace. However, these laws are mostly being enacted on the state level, not the federal level, so the laws have many disconnects. Therefore, compliance obligations for businesses targeting U.S. consumers are growing and become more and more complex by the day.
Join us for our in person seminar where Partner Gary Kibel from Davis+Gilbert will explore:
- New comprehensive consumer privacy laws
- Unique laws regarding biometrics, AI, location data and other sensitive data
- Challenges for the digital media and marketing industries
- Self-regulatory responses
- Increases in class action lawsuits and regulatory enforcement
- Outlook for 2024, 2025 and beyond
This seminar will be followed by networking and drinks. If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact our events team.