I help multinational and UK employers on all aspects of employment and privacy law.
I regularly support businesses in the technology (including digital gaming), media & entertainment and life sciences & pharma sectors.
Much of my work involves supporting clients to understand and negotiate difficult issues around:
- data protection and privacy, particularly where those issues have an effect on the employment relationship;
- automatic transfer regulations (TUPE, ARD and beyond) and other business transformation projects;
- protecting business interests in connection with exits of senior employees and team moves; and
- discrimination and whistleblowing matters.
My work often involves advising clients headquartered outside the UK, including in the US, with issues which affect their people globally or across the EMEA region. I help them work through a web of regulation, in the employment and privacy space and beyond, to deliver joined-up commercial solutions which are applicable across regions and which reflect their values and aspirations.
My recent experience includes:
My recent experience includes:
- Supporting a leading global data insights, advertising and consultancy business in connection with a multinational outsourcing of IT services, assisting them to navigate auto-transfer issues in over 30 territories (including TUPE & ARD) and to overcome significant pensions-related matters.
- Leading projects for large tech, digital gaming, professional services and life sciences clients on efforts to gather diversity & inclusion information on staff and applicants to inform D&I strategy.
- Advising a multinational automation vendor on its business protection strategy, including initiating litigation against a senior leaver with access to significant volumes of highly confidential information and influence over partners and customers, and securing a favourable outcome.
- Successfully defending an international healthcare business against sensitive and serious sexual harassment claims, and helping them to achieve a costs award against the claimant.
- Supporting a multinational SaaS platform provider on their approach to monitoring of employee communications and behaviour, including helping to navigate the potential legal and reputational issues arising from the proposed roll-out of a tool designed to inform hybrid working strategies.
- Leading a sensitive whistleblowing investigation into serious allegations of information security and data protection failings, providing a comprehensive outcome report and roadmap for next steps.
I worked as part of the senior management team for a high-growth function of a previous firm, and on committees for award-winning diversity & inclusion networks, giving me helpful insights into the impact of people strategies, and the concerns that employees have when it comes to inclusion matters and initiatives.
I am a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association (ELA) and a regular contributor to national and specialist media outlets on AI and privacy issues for HR communities.