JCT 2016 D&B Contract - insolvency and termination - Session 5
- 10 July 2017
- 04:30 PM - 06:30 PM
- 5 Chancery Lane, Cliffords Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Autumn 2016 saw the launch of the new edition of the popular JCT Design and Build contract. The changes go further than bringing the contract up to date and some minor tweaking. Doing what you have always done may land you in hot water. Our JCT Series has been overhauled to reflect the revised contracts and we look forward to discussing the current issues with you.
We will start by looking at the different sorts of insolvency and how they impact on the contract. We will also discuss:
- How can the employer or contractor terminate the contract?
- Who is responsible for the site before and after termination?
- How should an employer go about completing the works?
- How can an employer defend claims from the contractor or a liquidator/administrator for retention of title or sums owed?
- How can a contractor protect itself against employer's insolvency?
Please click here to register.