JCT 2016 D&B Defects - Session 4
- 08 May 2017
- 08:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- 5 Chancery Lane, Cliffords Inn, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Autumn 2016 saw the launch of the new edition of the popular JCT Design and Build contract. The changes go further than bringing the contract up to date and some minor tweaking. Doing what you have always done may land you in hot water. Our JCT Series has been overhauled to reflect the revised contracts and we look forward to discussing the current issues with you.
Clients are often frustrated to find the works are not as they had expected. We will discuss:
- Design liablity v workmanship
- When is a problem not a defect?
- What are an employers rights and contractor's obligations in relation to defects during and after the defects rectification period?
- When can an employer get another contractor in to fix the first contractor's mistakes?
- Retention - triggering the release and when and how can an employer make a deduction?
Please click here to register.